Due to non wine edits, this page is protected so only members can edit. If you want software listed and are too shy, drop a note in the discussion page.
If you are already using Wine, please add your software to the Wine Application Database as the Wine Database is the official source of information. Maintainers for Software with the Official Wine Application Database can to add any information found in this wiki. We will endeavor to always link to the official database and maintainers are also welcome to add a link to this wiki. This area of the Wine-Wiki endeavors to direct to and educate users about the application database. It also allows those who are shy to freely post tips they have found.
If you are a wine beginner, you probably should go and read some of the relevant information on the Tips and Tricks Page which will introduce you to using wine...
For those trying a game with wine, you will find the following links informative:
- Advanced Wine User Information - Variations of Running Wine with or without X
- For those new to wine the Tips and Tricks Page may be a help
How to make an entry in the wiki
You can add an entry on this page like this [[My program's name]]
Then when you click Show Preview you will recognise the name is a Red link, which is a link to a blank page. If you then save your changes and then click on the red link, a new page is created.
Are there any tips for writing a page?
Yes, there is a couple of features of wiki's that may take a little getting used to.
- The first is that anyone can change your page! This is a little unsettling at first, but when you realize the people who change it are trying to add their tips and hard won knowledge, you may start to see the power of the wiki. If everyone gives a little coin, eventually you may have a treasure.
- When writing, the wiki will remove one blank line.
You can see this if you click the edit tab for this page. This line is actually written across two lines! The wiki has removed it. When you wish to make a paragraph, you will need to make two blank lines.
like so.(click edit to have a look - Click Cancel when you are finished)
What to type on a new page?
Likely you will want to add an introduction, so type =introduction= , add a few brief notes and then click Show Preview
|Table of contents : A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Viewer - Winehq Bugzilla entry 15379, set via winecfg windows version to Win2000 otherwise it will fail to install.
- Word Viewer